Hi, I'm Sara and am so happy you are here!
I'm a fusion belly dance enthusiast who supports and empowers dancers that want to have a deeper connection to their body and soul through fusion bellydance so they can confidently step into their authentic selves.
I've been obsessed with the magic of dance for as long as I can remember and a devotee to Fusion Bellydance for 15 years. When I'm not teaching, practicing, or learning, you can find me chasing my toddler around and exploring the world with my husband (ok, pre-covid but finally getting closer to traveling again!)... and probably still nerding out or thinking about dance!
Let's discover, evolve, and transform together, the world needs your art!
Take a peek
Your All Access Pass
The dancer you want to be is already within you! This is a guide to help you on your journey. Here you will be given the tools and space to explore your creativity and refine your technique in a self-paced format. Each class has detailed and thorough instruction while completely breaking down movements at a comfortable pace before diving into more challenging concepts or technique. Even though there is a computer screen between us, it is my ultimate goal to give you the tools you need to create quality practice habits and proper form and beautiful technique!
You will have warm ups, drills, technique, choreography and strength training in the comfort of your home as well as a warm invite to join our private, supportive facebook group to connect with other amazing movers all over the globe.
The All Access Package is for the enthusiastic and dedicated dancer of any level. New classes are added regularly to keep you progressing, along with bonuses (like music playlists & goal tracking) to boost your motivation and keep you moving after the class is over!
Typically $20 will be the cost of one drop in class at your local dance studio. For this same price each month you have access to an evergrowing library of 100+ classes, workshops, full choreographies (and more) at your fingertips with full control of your learning pace. Pause and rewind are great features! This price of this package will increase in 2022 so lock yourself into this rate now!
Commit to your health, happiness, and dance practice by investing in YOU!
"You become what you consistently practice. So practice consistently what you want to become."
*This package also includes the Fundamentals beginner classes*
Ever growing Library
100+ classes including workshops, full choreographies and INCLUDES the entire Fundamentals package to keep your technique clean and crisp! New classes are added every month so you always have fresh material to add to your toolbox.
Music playlists, articles related to goal setting/practicing and the best of all: we welcome you to be a part of our private facebook community where it is a safe, supportive environment to share your practice videos, ask questions, and connect with other dancers!
Imagine that feeling of excitement when you try something new, do something you didn't think was possible and accomplish it, make self discoveries, become more connected to yourself and your body.
"A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there."
- Practice Snacks: Side Undulations and Bodywaves (24:09)
- Practice Snacks: Bellyrolls (17:21)
- Practice Snacks: Tempo, Travel, Shapes! (11:43)
- Ooey-Gooey-Gooey: Practice Snacks! (18:40)
- 3/4 shoulders & chest: Practice Snacks! (12:38)
- Practice Snacks: Basic Isolations (16:43)
- Practice Snacks: Warm Up & Arm Focus (13:48)
- Chest & Pelvis Tricky Isolation Patterns: Practice Snacks! (9:20)
- Stationary Side Undulations: Practice Snacks! (17:30)
- Traveling Undulations: Practice Snacks! (12:41)
- Super Slink Combo: Practice Snacks! (13:39)
- Shoulder Diamond Drill (Practice Snacks Series)
- Traveling 4/4 Shimmy (Practice Snacks Series)
- Arms: Conditioning and waves (Practice Snacks Series)
- About this series
- Class #1: Posture, traveling foot patterns, arm positions
- Class #2: Egyptian style shimmy, Hip shimmy, timed glute locks
- Class #3: Isolation Directions
- Class #4: Arm waves & Shapes
- Class #5: Figure 8's
- Class #6: Bodywaves & Undulations
- "Snakes, Hips & Turns" Fundamentals combo (beginner) (9:02)
- Cross Turn & Hook Turn Combos (beginner) (22:46)
- Personal Practice Training Schedules for the Fundamentals! (7 days per week)
- Conditioning: Conditioning Warm up & Drills
- Posture for Bellydance (Begin here) (5:14)
- Warm up Sequence #1 (8:34)
- Flow Warm up #1 (5:57)
- Flow Warm Up #2 (8:44)
- Hip Lifts & Drops (29:16)
- Traveling Foot Patterns + Arms (14:36)
- Basic Isolations (23:17)
- More Practice with Down Hips! (27:15)
- Beginner Basic Isolation Combo (12:23)
- Isolation Shapes (Circles & Squares) (23:08)
- Chest Circles & Slides (16:04)
- Chest Circles & Slides Combo (23:12)
- Hip Figure 8's (Revised Fundamentals) (41:13)
- Figure 8's (19:57)
- Introduction to Shimmies (Knee/ Hip Shimmies) (44:23)
- 4/4 hips (Up) (27:05)
- Intro to 3/4 Shimmy (Up) (11:28)
- Torso Undulation (Muscular) (47:01)
- Pelvic Undulation (27:30)
- Combo: Nebula (25:10)
- Combo: Moon Beam (23:14)
- Combo: Ray of Light (13:13)
- Combo: Sharp & Smooth (33:46)
- Connect the Dots (fundamentals combo)
- Fundamental Drills: Slides, Waves & Turns (49:26)
- Intentional Arms (21:14)
- Basic Arm Postitions
- "Orbit" & "Cobra Crossover" Arm patterns + layers! (31:11)
- ARMS: Snake Arms + Push Pull
- Arm & handwaves (smooth)
- Arm Wave Isolations and Maintenance
- Arm Conditioning Drill: Snake Arms & Waves (6:20)
- Arm Undulations (28:49)
- Arm Pathway + Layers (35:12)
- "Metamorphosis" Arm combo + layers (32:35)
- Hips: Lifts & Drops (22:58)
- Traveling Isolation Combo
- Basic Isolations (23:17)
- Upper body isolations over traveling footwork
- Hip Lifts vs. Hip Drops (29:16)
- Lateral/ Cascading Locks
- Lock Pattern & Short Flow (28:35)
- Isolation Short Drills #1 (8:44)
- Drills: Short Isolation Phrase & Lock Pattern
- Pelvis Vs. Belly Isolations (12:33)
- Undulation Isolations (14:56)
- Broken Waves- technique class (30:14)
- Level Up! Undulation Drill (29:43)
- Belly Roll (up to down) Breakdown & Drill
- Undulation Box Step
- Sidewinder, Side Undulation & Arm Waves
- Broken Undulations Drill (14:49)
- Side to Side Undulations
- Drills: Side Movements (Maintenance Practice) (18:03)
- Belly Roll Breakdown & Abdominal Conditioning (31:10)
- Drills: Slow & Steady (Technique/Drills/Combo) (32:37)
- Fluidity + Drills (27:33)
- Floetry Drils: Intro to Fluid Pathways
- Loopty Love & Short combo
- Gooey Pathways #4 & #5 (22:19)
- Gemstone Combo #1 (16:54)
- Gemstone Combo #2 (16:57)
- Drip of Honey: Combo (25:26)
- Pathway #1 (17:10)
- Pathway #2 (11:29)
- Pathway #3 (14:39)
- Gooey: Slither (combo) (38:21)
- Gooey: Floetry (The Art of Flow)
- Gooey: Ssslow & Slinky (28:39)
- Gooey: 2 Flowy Phrases (25:23)
- Gooey: Cobra Supernova
- Gooey: Stylized Maya
- Dramatic Cobra Combo!
- "New Familar" Combo (74:22)
- Full Circle Combo (39:03)
- Double Cobra Combo
- Hypno Combo
- Exhale (Combo) (24:55)
- ETERNAL short Choreography
- Melting Point Combo (19:30)
- Tribal Trio (15:31)
- Scarlet Combo (10:50)
- Samiha Combo (Preview) (0:22)
- Samiha Combo (33:48)
- Saidi Combo (Preview)
- Saidi Combo (29:04)
- Blue Moon (3/4 Combo) (24:25)
- Combo: Onyx (36:29)
- Combo: Hip Work
- Indigo Turn + Combo (25:29)
- Combo: "Strike" Phrase
- Smooth Operator
- New Moon
- Wolf Moon
- Combo: Flow (17:25)
- Combo: Vienna Twist
- Combo: Amsterdam Slam!
- Combo: Flow #2 (30:24)
- Combo: Quick #1 (16:08)
- Combo: Quick Combo #2
See what others have to say!
"I have accomplished new techniques, added more variations to my flow and feel more confident in my transitions. I have personally grown as a dancer, teacher, and performer while studying with Sara."
-Maggi (Magnetik Moon)
"I have been dancing 10 years and have learned more from Vimana Online than I have in any other classes through the years. And being able to work class around my schedule has been great."
More packages from Sara Lyn:
The Fundamentals are so important! These are the building blocks for a strong foundation to your dance, without them we are not able to speak fluently to our audience. This course takes you from the VERY beginning and progressively becomes more challenging with each class.
Little to no dance experience? No problem! This series was carefully designed for the beginner dancer as well as one who would like review of basic movements, because let's face it.. we are never too good to revisit to the Fundamentals!
This package is INCLUDED in the All Access Package
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
Q: How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
Q:Will I be billed monthly for this package?
Yes, this is a monthly subscription that renews every 30 days. However, there are no cancellation fees or contracts. You may cancel your membership at any time before your next billing date.
Q: How long will it take to see progress in my dance?
That is up to you! Remember practice, consistency, and repetition are keys for progression and growth! If you show up and put in the work, you are sure to see improvement! "What is hard now, will someday be your warm up."
Q: Do I have to have bellydance experience to join?
Nope! In fact, you don't even have to have dance experience. In the "fundamentals" section you will learn the basic movements starting from the ground up!
Q: Which package is best for me?
If you are new to bellydance or would like review of the basics, the Fundamentals Package is where you will want to start. Whats so great about the All Access package is you will have every class available to you INCLUDING the all of the Fundamentals!
Q: Can I view classes more than once?
YES! Classes are all pre-recorded, you can watch them as many times as you wish! You can pause, rewind and fast forward.